Wednesday, November 6, 2013

By Invitation Only....... Canva.com, graphic design made easy

So if you follow our blog, you may have noticed that it went through a bit of a facelift recently.  Well that facelift was thanks to canva.com a new graphic design website that is currently in beta testing.  It makes creating professional looking graphics very easy, even for the designed challenged.  There is free art and some graphics offered at $1 a piece.  If you have your own pictures, you can easily create a design for no cost.  Other than this blog I have also used Canva to redesign my high school library website and my Cheesehead Gardening Blog.  Here are the results:
Upon signing into an account you will be prompted to start a new design.
 
I picked a Social Media design, and then choose this design from multiple templates available.
I then used my own pictures and some provided by canva, along with different backgrounds to create this design.  I then downloaded it, all for free.
 
Canva is not appropriate for everyone, since it does include some photos of girls in bikinis and such.  However it makes graphic design a snap.  If you go to their website you can sign up for a beta account.  It usually takes a few weeks for your account to be activated.  Once activated you are allowed to invite 5 friends to instantly receive accounts also.
 
I have some invitations left, so if you are interested, let me know. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment